Brian will be teaching a basic gun defense seminar on Saturday, January 29th, from 2-5pm. The seminar is open to students of all levels and will cover defenses against hand gun threats from the front, from the sides, and from behind. The cost is $60, and space is limited to 20 participants. Stop by the office the next time you are in class to reserve your spot.
* Seminars & Events *
Seminars and special events at the Academy.
|Richard Schott, Krav Maga black belt and the chief instructor at CORE Self-Defense, is back in the Boston area and is offering a seminar this Saturday, July 24, from 12-2pm. The focus of the seminar will be on learning how to use an everyday object—a regular pen—to defend yourself against armed and unarmed assailants in both open areas and controlled spaces.
The cost of the seminar is $49. The seminar is open to the public, ages 18+, all skill levels welcome. Space is limited, so contact us to reserve your spot!
Here is the seminar flyer (PDF).
*** UPDATE 07.24.10***
For those who missed it, the seminar was very informative and a lot of fun. It was a small group, so we went over a lot of material. Here are some of the highlights:
- Use of Force guidelines
- Drawing techniques for getting a pen from your pocket into a tactical position
- Achieved speed vs. perceived speed
- Downward, upward, and straight stabs
- Creating distance between yourself and a frenzied attacker in order to draw the pen
- Creating distance between yourself and a frenzied attacker on the ground in order to draw the pen and stand up
- Strategies for multiple attackers
- “Objects” used as defensive weapons (e.g. laptop/briefcase for 360° Defense vs. knife)
- Tactically getting up from an airplane seat, drawing a pen, and taking down the terrorist (simulated on an actual rack of pork ribs!)
An intermediate gun defense seminar will be held Saturday April 10th from 2pm until 5pm. Combatives and disarms for the basic gun threats are a prerequisite, but will be reviewed in the first hour. The second two hours will address scenarios involving restrictions, movement, and hostage scenarios. The cost is $60 and space is limited to 20 participants. If you would like to register, please contact us or stop in the office the next time you are at the school.
Saturday Feb 13th we will be running a basic gun defense seminar from 2pm until 5pm. This course will cover all basic combatives and disarms for all basic gun threats. The cost is $60 and space is limited. If you would like to register, please contact us or stop in the office the next time you are in the school.