|Richard Schott, Krav Maga black belt and the chief instructor at CORE Self-Defense, is back in the Boston area and is offering a seminar this Saturday, July 24, from 12-2pm. The focus of the seminar will be on learning how to use an everyday object—a regular pen—to defend yourself against armed and unarmed assailants in both open areas and controlled spaces.
The cost of the seminar is $49. The seminar is open to the public, ages 18+, all skill levels welcome. Space is limited, so contact us to reserve your spot!
Here is the seminar flyer (PDF).
*** UPDATE 07.24.10***
For those who missed it, the seminar was very informative and a lot of fun. It was a small group, so we went over a lot of material. Here are some of the highlights:
- Use of Force guidelines
- Drawing techniques for getting a pen from your pocket into a tactical position
- Achieved speed vs. perceived speed
- Downward, upward, and straight stabs
- Creating distance between yourself and a frenzied attacker in order to draw the pen
- Creating distance between yourself and a frenzied attacker on the ground in order to draw the pen and stand up
- Strategies for multiple attackers
- “Objects” used as defensive weapons (e.g. laptop/briefcase for 360° Defense vs. knife)
- Tactically getting up from an airplane seat, drawing a pen, and taking down the terrorist (simulated on an actual rack of pork ribs!)